Friday, March 6, 2009

Hikes and Falls

Ok, so the title was a bit of a teaser. We haven't explored any waterfalls lately, but Noa is taking her share of falls as she learns how to stand and take steps (while holding someones hands). She is especially fun to watch as she sees herself standing in the mirror...



She tries to reach out to her image, but once she lets go of one stronghold, she usually falls down. I'm trying to allow her to take a tumble while not making a big deal of it. Here is her "am I OK?" look just after such a spill...



And, of course, she is!


Josh and I got out with some friends for a nice hike a couple of weeks ago. This winter has been wonderfully mild for Col. Springs, we've heard. I'm not complaining. One funny thing we didn't notice until we got suited up, was that Noa's summer hats are all outgrown. Makes sense, but I just don't think ahead like that. So here we are trying to make do with a hat that is a bit small, but still provides shade for her...


Noa's nine-month well-baby visit is coming up next week. I can't wait to find out her weight and height! I'll post about all that good stuff shortly..

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love to find new pictures when I check this blog! Thanks for sharing...what a doll...

Dana said...

Wow, I cant believe she is trying to walk! She was a teeny tiny girl last time I saw her. Great pictures! Dana