Monday, May 16, 2011

Remodel Update, and Baby Watch: Week 39

Baby Watch:

Today marks 39 weeks, 1 day. For the most part, I'm still feeling well-rested and strong, but I've had several nights of labor that left me disappointed when morning came and the contractions stopped (last night was another one of those). I am reminded by my midwife that these are not wasted episodes, but each "pre-labor" stretch just works to ready us for the final push, and helps baby to get into prime position. I like that positive thinking! My blood pressure remains low, and baby's heartbeat remains strong, so all signs are good.

My labor with Noa began spontaneously at 40 weeks, 1 day and lasted 30 hours. I'm brimming with anticipation to see how Baby Bryn makes her grand entrance!


Bathroom Watch:

Since nothing has happened in the labor and delivery dept., I guess I can update you on other exciting things going on. Our cozy master bathroom project is almost complete, thanks to many hours of hard work on the part of several guys, including Josh. All that is left to install is a glass shower door, a few racks and hooks, and a few last pieces of tile. Josh is painting the walls (we chose a blue-gray color) and ceiling, and then the window treatment will go back up. It's absolutely wonderful to have a working sink and toilet in there again. I think it all looks amazing!

Before the grout and hardware...


Tile is grouted, some hardware installed, all major pieces are in!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryn is just helping Mommie get ready for her arrival. She must be packing her bags and getting her toys together for her trip to see Mommie, Daddy, and big sister Noa...

Mandi said...

Haha, that's right! She's a tidy little one and has to take care of the housekeeping before making her grand exit.

Amanda said...

So exciting! Praying Noa's prepared the way for her baby sister and Bryn will come with ease :). Love you all!

Whittney said...

Praying labor is so easy it sneaks up on you and you arrive at the hospital complete and pushing!

Mandi said...

Ah, such wonderfully positive thoughts to put in my head... Thank you, ladies!!!