I've spent nearly every day this last week laying on my couch. Reading a bit, staring at the ceiling a bit, talking to The Belly a bit, and suffering through horrendous sinus headaches (which should be renamed, in my opinion, to reflect their symptoms more appropriately. Perhaps "Severe facial compression syndrome accompanied by pseudo-rupturing of the ocular compartments and dental nerve inflammation" - yes that sounds much better) wondering how I possibly fell into this horrible trap. It's just a cold, I know. But deep down it's so much more.
This cold represents a breakdown of my imaginary strength and resilient health. It has led me to be anxious and, honestly, a bit ashamed. It is also a wonderfully humiliating reminder of my inherent weakness and vulnerabilities. "Get over yourself", I hear the Spirit whispering (in so many words). I'm realizing that my body (nor mind, nor spirit) is not as strong as I would like it to be. It would be somewhat of a tragedy, I suppose, if I were allowed to go on thinking it was. I would have no motivation, then, to become stronger.


So, to cap that off, Josh helped me get a belly shot of the week. I feel more "fat" than pregnant. There is no baby growing in my arms, or bum. Yet for some reason, they grow larger, along with my wonderfully round belly. It's hard to focus on the negative, though, as I
have plenty of opportunities to feel her kicking and swishing about these days. Quite the miraculous sensation, really...

And, while Josh was making several calls to tell everyone that we're having a girl, he was excitable, so he had to play with something while he talked. My yoga ball became his kickball. This guy is so fun to watch... I like him. ;-)

With the temps being so chilly lately, we've experimented with our fireplace. After buying some proper firewood (apparently wet wood doesn't burn very well), we finally succeeded! Yes, I took a picture of our fire...

4 comments:
Hate those sinus "headaches." Make me want to punch a hole in my temple.
But being sick is a great excuse to sit on the couch and read and be pampered! Be pampered, girl!
LOL! OK, really not laughing at you, but with you....as I'm just feeling human again after my sickness a couple of weeks ago.
Love the belly shots!! Oh and the swishes and rolls--so awesome! I am sorry about the cold though--do take this time to enjoy laying on the couch--my first cold as a mom did not present any such luxuries!! =)
Mandi, you are beautiful! I am so glad to see the pics of you, Josh and the fire. Sounds like you had some profound thoughts through the sick, icky, yucky, sad times on the couch:(
...Hang in there girl.
Post a Comment