Tuesday, February 19, 2008

24 Weeks: I'm growing and Josh is shrinking!

Not much news to share with you this week, other than things are looking just great!  The Doc has bumped me up to a visit every 2 weeks, instead of every 4 weeks. This would have happened at 28 weeks anyway, we just made the change a little sooner. All she'll be doing, for the most part, at each visit is weighing me, listening to Baby Girl's heartbeat, and talking to me about how I've been feeling. I'm all good with that! 

Yesterday, though, she sent me in for a quick ultrasound to measure my cervical length. I told Josh that he didn't miss anything because we didn't even look at the baby, just took about 5 seconds and then it was done! For anyone who cares to know, a measurement of the cervical length between 24 and 28 weeks is a pretty reliable indicator for possible pre-term labor. If the cervix is measuring less than 3 cm. at this point, my chances look less than ideal, and the smaller the measurement, the worse my chances for making it to even 32 weeks! I also learned that a cervix measuring 4 cm. or more at this point would put me in the upper 75th percentile, meaning my chances for a full-term pregnancy are much, much better. So, armed with all that dangerous info, I made it to my appt. yesterday morning eager to hear some numbers. The ultrasound tech simply said that things looked good as she quickly measured the image on the screen and sent me on my way... Then the Doc came to meet with me, and with a big grin on her face, told me that my cervix is measuring 5.2 cm.!!! Praise God!!! I never thought such a thing as my cervical length could make me so happy! LOL...

Baby's heartbeat was at 160, and my belly was obviously bigger, according to the nurse. :) Josh and I took some more belly shots, but I've yet to get him to stand still long enough for his own "belly shot". He has finished his cleanse and is eating with the rest of the world now. Although his stomach is letting him know loud and clear that it won't stand for some things anymore. So we're being good to focus on foods we know are helpful and not harmful. Nonetheless, he is overjoyed! So, I found a couple of photos of him that will do for now. All you can see is the change in his face, but I think it's a significant enough comparison. He lost 12 pounds in all, and noticed a few other very interesting changes (I'll spare you the details).

Josh before:

 
Josh after:



And here are the latest photos of The Belly (dun dun DUNNNNN!)!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, go ahead. Indulge in details.
Last pic? Really?

Amanda said...

Well..With the praise report of your cervix and that music playing, you got me all teary eyed! I am so excited for you guys. Mandi you really look like you've changed since the last pics, you look great. Josh looks great too,(so handsome). I can only imagine the details...love you