PaPa and Grandma Hughes flew in for a surprise visit this Labor Day. Or, as Bryn might say, "Fo-Pize!!!!"
Even though we did not see any balloons lift off, we had fun at the annual hot air Balloon Classic festival. The winds picked up just enough to convince the balloon pilots that it was safer to stay on the ground and show off their baskets...
Here's the gang. We were still light on our feet at this point. We were also still under the impression that hot-air balloons would be filling the sky soon. :(
As we stood by admiring a hot air balloon basket and its accoutrements, one of the operators surprised the crowd with a blast of fire. We were, like, 10 feet away... I was already taking pictures of Noa when the fire blasted us off our feet, practically, so I caught her mid-delight.
Then I turned around and realized that Brinny had also been knocked off her feet, literally. Ok, not really literally. There may have been a bit of drama involved in her moment.
Emmett was not so impressed. I opted to not take pictures of his "moment".
Even though we did not see any balloons lift off, we had fun at the annual hot air Balloon Classic festival. The winds picked up just enough to convince the balloon pilots that it was safer to stay on the ground and show off their baskets...
Here's the gang. We were still light on our feet at this point. We were also still under the impression that hot-air balloons would be filling the sky soon. :(
As we stood by admiring a hot air balloon basket and its accoutrements, one of the operators surprised the crowd with a blast of fire. We were, like, 10 feet away... I was already taking pictures of Noa when the fire blasted us off our feet, practically, so I caught her mid-delight.
Then I turned around and realized that Brinny had also been knocked off her feet, literally. Ok, not really literally. There may have been a bit of drama involved in her moment.
Emmett was not so impressed. I opted to not take pictures of his "moment".



No comments:
Post a Comment